Job Title: Business Development Analyst
Responsibilities of the Business Development Analyst
EDC Consulting LLC (EDC) is seeking candidates for a full-time Business Development (BD) Analyst position in Tysons Corner, VA. The BD Analyst supports federal business development, capture management and proposal management with a full range of activities including opportunity identification and qualification as well as external teaming discussions. The ideal candidate should be full of energy and motivated by working in a dynamic, collaborative, and entrepreneurial culture. EDC requires independent self-starters who can stay focused under the pressure of meeting deadlines and possess excellent multi-tasking skills. The BD Analyst must be able to read and understand multiple, complex federal solicitations and demonstrate strong writing and presentation skills daily.
The BD Analyst will:
• Access a variety of Business Intelligence tools to research and monitor competitors and industry news, develop target company profiles, source reports and information, and issue routine briefings to the management staff.
• Support BD Managers and Capture Managers in responding to Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP), other solicitation notices to include populating proposal templates and capture matrices.
• Perform daily task order proposal management activities on existing ID/IQ contract vehicles.
• Contribute writing, editing, and graphics to proposal development efforts and be able to meet tight deadlines that are occasionally set during afterhours/weekends.
• Conduct market analyses; participate in industry conferences and other venues; network and gather information that results in building plans for EDC offerings to satisfy emerging client needs.
• Contribute to the company’s pipeline management process through the development of competitive intelligence by developing a strong understanding of the federal contracting arena, including the federal landscape of other large and small businesses, potential partners, and competitors.
• Contribute to the maintenance of the company’s business pipeline database; enter and retrieve data; analyze, create, and present reports from databases; monitor all pipeline records for completeness and accuracy; compile data; review and prepare reports and debriefings.
• Maintain quality results by using templates; follow proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, tone; and maintain proposal support databases.
• Excellent writing skills, including understanding of grammatical rules, punctuation, sentence structure, and active/passive voice.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Management, Marketing, Communication, Professional Writing, Nonfiction Writing, or English.
• Minimum of two years of experience in a corporate/business environment; Experience with Government contracting is strongly preferred.
• High-level proficiency using Microsoft Office, including Teams, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; as well as Business Intelligence tools such as Deltek GovWin, beta.SAM.gov, and the Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS).
• Ability to think conceptually, strategically, and critically.
• Excellent communications skills and highly effective interpersonal skills able to inspire confidence and provide leadership throughout the organization.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills to allow serving as an effective team player.
• Results-oriented with a strong track record of delivering for their team.
• Ability to read and synthesize large data sets to develop detailed, accurate analysis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in the company’s office located in Tysons Corner, VA and/or also work from home as directed. EDC’s primary collaboration and communication tool is Microsoft Teams, Microsoft SharePoint, and the entire suite of Microsoft Office 365 products. Flexibility in telework arrangements and responding to the needs of the company’s leadership, the team lead, and/or the work group will be necessary. Daily “scrum” meetings take place as needed. Presently, scrum meetings are held daily to coordinate business activities and tasks amongst the team.
About EDC Consulting
Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Tysons Corner, VA, EDC Consulting is a small business provider of enterprise solutions and strategic business support to the Federal Government. With more than 150 client engagements successfully delivered, EDC has extensive experience designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining complex business systems and software solutions for a wide range of Department of Defense, Federal, state, and local and commercial clients. EDC is an Oracle Platinum Partner, SAP Partner, and Premier Business Partner of the IBM Corporation. EDC Consulting has been recognized in Washington Technology Magazine’s “Fast 50” list of Washington DC’s fastest growing companies and has consistently been named to Inc. 500 magazine’s list of the nation’s fastest growing privately held companies. EDC offers a rich corporate culture with driven and determined leadership in a dynamic environment that was founded on openness and success. We enjoy an energetic and fun atmosphere in a culture of mutual respect. At EDC, we build upon the principals and traditions of our military. Personal responsibility, accountability and strong work ethic are a must. Our clients benefit from working alongside a winning team of smart, hard-working, creative and successful professionals. By becoming part of the EDC team; all of our employees will share in our entrepreneurial spirit and success.
Please send your resume to [email protected] EDC Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. For additional information on EDC Consulting, visit us at www.edcconsulting.com.